Kearney & Trecker Core memory, may be PDP8

sandy hamlet steemer at dslextreme.com
Tue Nov 11 20:40:50 CST 2014

Jim,

The microprocessor board looks like it came out of a Gemini D17 CNC
controller, circa mid 80's.
That was their own design electronics

If I remember correctly, the company was Cross-Trecker and then Kearny
& Trecker and then ultimately bought out by Giddings and Lewis.
G&L was running both the K&T electronics and their own 8000B control
concurrently on different products and finally switched over to Fanuc
controls
I believe that the K&T product line was ultimately discontinued.
G&L subsequently acquired FADAL machine tools, and ultimately closed
out that operation.
I also believe that G&L is now part of the MAG group, would have to
look that up to verify.
The first card with"flip chip" marked on it looks like a PDP8 or
possibly a PDP 11 card used in a Sundstrand control through the '70 to
early 80's.
It's been 30+ years since I worked on those antiques, brings back a
lot of memories.
The boards may very well be spares that were surplused out recently by
the company that I worked for since they (the company) closed several
facilities and were located within a mile or two where the boards are
located.

.