Whitesmiths C for VAX/VMS - Re: Whitesmith C install

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Tue Nov 11 14:47:46 CST 2014

On 04/11/14 9:36 AM, E. Groenenberg wrote:

> I'm trying to install the Whitesmiths C compiler under RSX11M using
> FLX (using the Whiteshmiths c compiler distribution tape V2.25 from
> bitsavers).
>
> Alas, 'FLX' says the tape has zero files and directories, while a dump
> under Linux shows definitely some contents.
>
> I tried both the simh & tpc format, no luck here yet.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> The command I used is 'flx /rs=ms0:[*,*]/do'
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Speaking of Whitesmiths - I have some floppies for VAX.

   VAX/VMS Fortran v4.2 (1,2 of 2)
   "  (help library) (1/1)
   WSL VAX/VMS C compiler v2.25 (1,2 of 2)
   Whitesmiths C POS (1/1)
   2.2cpos11 disk 1 of 1 native C compiler by Whitesmiths, Ltd.

If someone in North America (preferably) can safely image and publish
these, I can ship them.

--Toby