80286 Protected Mode Test

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Mar 14 16:30:27 CDT 2021

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> When they stopped selling Apple II's when Lisa was released.

Yes, exactly.
I was referring to the switch to 68000 (Lisa and then Mac), rather than
trying to kludge more address onto a 6502.
I assume that their 68000 wasn't fast enough to get acceptable
performance with a 6502 emulator.

To their credit, they did continue to keep some models of 6502 Apple2's
available even while selling some 68000 machines.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com