name/model of HP portable printer? (not HP 2225x) circa 1993

Stan Sieler sieler at allegro.com
Fri Mar 12 21:23:40 CST 2021

Fred tempts me from the garden: "does that mean you want one?"  It's only
one ... it's easy ... try it ....

Argh...I was hoping I wouldn't be asked that, because I couldn't decide.
... ... ok...

I think I'd be interested in having one that would work with an Omnibook
(but have no interest in the paper feeder).
(I knew the feeder existed, but haven't seen one.)

If the 51608A (cartridge used by the printer) is the same as the ones used
in the old ThinkJets, it looks like some people might be selling "new"
ones, but it would probably be a good idea to have a couple to try
cleaning/refilling just in case.

As a history nod: the late Carson Kan of HP Labs was the one who suggested
that the inkhead be a disposable & user replaceable item ... at the time,
the inkjet project was stuck and Barney Oliver sent him to it as his
trouble shooter.  (It was stuck because the non-replaceable printhead kept
getting ink clogs.)
(As related to me by Carson, about 2005.)

thanks,

Stan