APL\360

Tapley, Mark B. mark.tapley at swri.org
Sat Jan 30 11:30:42 CST 2021

> On Jan 29, 2021, at 8:27 PM, dwight via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> [EXTERNAL EMAIL]
>
> If we'd thought about it we could count to 1023 on our fingers.
> Dwight

My kids actually do that (because I did think about it when they were growing up). And not just to impress me, I was watching the elder daughter in an orchestra concert via streaming cam one time. The camera happened to catch her during a really long rest, and I could see her hand resting on her knee, counting out measures in binary.

As far as I know, none of the kids have learned to control their toes individually, so they can’t actually count up to 1,048,575 :-).
                                        - Mark