DDCMP sync?

Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:26:28 CST 2021

Usually, we referred to the synchronous chip as a USynrt chip, a play on UART,
DMC can run 1.544 Mb/s, or full T1. DUP or DU11 were good to upto 56K.
Bisync, ADCCP, HDLC, DDCMP, BDLC were all options back in 77 but...
Yes, they are slow.  I had a hard time trying to explain th the
Signetics design engineer who was tasked to copy my line unit design
into silicone that it had to run at least T1. New grad, no practical
experience yet, finally had to pull - I am the customer, I am paying
for this, if you cant do this, I will have you replaced.
He stuck with the project and at the end, said, ah now I understand.
just some background. USB is much more useful now a days.
bb