APL\360

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 19:18:25 CST 2021

> On Jan 15, 2021, at 7:33 PM, Norman Jaffe via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> I have found that the ideal combination of languages to learn early are APL, Simula, LISP and Smalltalk.
> I was lucky enough to have started programming when that was possible.

Interesting.

My first was ALGOL 60.

One measure I've used is that, out of 40 or so languages I know, with only two have I gone from "no knowledge" to "able to write a substantial program" in one week.  One was Pascal (in university -- computer course code generator).  The other was Python (about 15 years ago, a substantial enhancement to cvs2svn).

	paul