DEDICATED HOBBYIST ALERT: IBM AS/400 9406-F2 for cheap sale in Germany

mazzinia at tin.it mazzinia at tin.it
Wed Jan 6 06:37:54 CST 2021

> Yes, I know about that and can confirm. What I understood from your last posting is that once you reformat an AS/400 disk for 512 Bytes per sector as used by commodity hardware, you can’t use it again on AS/400, even by reformatting.

Yes, that's correct

And I doubt that there's an orderly shutdown from the panel... I remember being told of only one procedure, but it would not cause damages/issues of sort. In any case we're speaking about something that was meant to be turned on and never turned off unless some maintenance or a big issue.
For scheduled maintenance, the qsecofr / admin account could issue a pwrdwnsys , and for a catastrophe where the terminal is not accessible ... the panel does its job