Rod Coleman's personal history of founding, building & running SAGE

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 03:41:42 CST 2021

Apparently someone wrote:

> Thanks for the link as didn't realize 68000 was
>  used for home systems before I ran into Mac.

The SAGE certainly wasn't a "home system" in the sense that the Macintosh
was. I mean, sure, there were undoubtedly a few people that bought one for
home use, but it was certainly not at all marketed for that. There were
many other pre-Macintosh 68000 systems that were marketed primarily for
developer or business use, for example the Sun 1, Corvus Concept, TRS-80
Model 16, Altos ACS 68000, and Fortune 32:16.