Rod Coleman's personal history of founding, building & running SAGE

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jan 2 21:34:00 CST 2021

On Sat, 2 Jan 2021, Liam via cctalk wrote:
>  I'm not really familiar with SAGE machines. They were not as
>  well-known in the UK, I think, being upmarket from the Apple ][ and
>  IBM PC, both of which were eye-wateringly expensive by UK standards of
>  the time.

Possibly, they weren't aimed at the same target audience.

Perhaps they were intended more to compete with machines such as PDP-11,
rather than Apple][ and IBM PC.

I don't think that they were aimed at kids (of all ages) scrounging some
money to get a home computer.

They were out of my price range, as well.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com