Re: Funky electronics chain Fry’s is no more (Seattle Times)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Feb 24 20:11:22 CST 2021

> https://www.seattletimes.com/business/funky-electronics-chain-frys-is-no-more/

They could probably have hung on a little longer, by stocking those empty
shelves with toilet paper, and maybe even some groceries.

It has been many years since I was in a Fry's, because there weren't any
very close.  Last time that I went in, I just wanted an ordinary PC
printer cable (DB25 to blue ribbon 36 (often inaccurately called a
"Centronics" connector))
The clerk was sure that there had ever been any printer cables
other than USB.

A friend bought some discounted returned items.  Then he found out that
returned defective items were simply reshelved until one of the future
buyers didn't bother to bring them back again.  Often without even
confirming that all parts were present.

But, I remember the old days, when they had lots of "computer people" food
items, and even Jolt cola.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com