FW: List your old computer

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Feb 24 17:11:53 CST 2021

On 24/02/2021 23:02, stan via cctalk wrote:
> By any chance, are you thinking of uptimes.net?
> Some years ago (early 2000's?) it was tracking systems uptimes. I had an
> Alpha  system talking to it at one time.
>
> IIRC, the record at one time was a VAX cluster, with an uptime of 1200+
> days. Windows NT systems fared a lot worse, average of about 40 some
> days....

I never got close to 1200 days, but I had an SGI machine at home talking
to uptimes.net.  I remember watching it from work as it got close to
10000 hours (on the 416th day, 19th November 2002 according to syslog)
when suddenly it went off the air.  It turned out the electricity
provider had (accidentally) tripped the wrong breaker in the local
substation.  Grr.

--
Pete Turnbull