ISO IBM flex cables made by Chabin

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Feb 22 22:14:40 CST 2021

On 01/30/2021 09:29 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 01/30/2021 07:29 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>> I'm making some replacement cables and paddle cards so
>> I'm on the lookout
>> for these connectors on cable assemblies.
>>
>> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/dasd/21ED/chabin_4.jpg
>>
>> You'd think there would be piles of them around since
>> they were used as
>> the interplanar connecting cables in lots of IBM products.
>>

> Oh wow!  Yes, I may have some of these laying around
> somewhere.  I will look, it might be a few days.

I have some Chabin TLC cables that have been cut from the
paddle boards.  I also have 4 of the SLT-style connectors
sawed off of the some paddle boards.  Those are quite
dirty.  I don't know if any of this is of any use to you.
But, the contacts inside the connectors might be helpful in
reverse-engineering them.

Jon