Deciphering an odd floppy disk format.

Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:07:11 CST 2021

I think by 75 we at DEC hwe had at least two pin compatible source for
UART,  While CHester G Bell gets credit for the design, my memory is
that Vince Bastiani did the design. That set the stage for having the
Synchronus /Isochronous chips built too. Signetics was contracted to
do the 2652 based on my lineunt design used in the DMC11 (similar to
DP8/e and DP11, but ssi chip count reduced and a good bit faster. The
SMC chip was based on Frank Zereksi's DU/DUP 11 design.
bob