Greaseweazle

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Wed Feb 3 12:46:20 CST 2021

On 2/3/21 10:34 AM, Paul Koning wrote:

> Which might mean either (a) what I suggested is in practice not needed, or (b) existing software treats as unrecoverable disks that could be recovered with more sophisticated tools.  I have no idea which is correct.

More sophisticated tools aren't needed, until they are.

For the majority of people and applications none of this is necessary.

People have been using Imagedisk happily for a long time. Then you
have a one of a kind floppy eaten and you wish you hadn't used it.

And this happens in the middle of a batch of disks that had been reading
fine.