Greaseweazle

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Wed Feb 3 06:25:27 CST 2021

On 2/2/21 11:51 PM, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:

> I have a pile of Blue Pill boards, and using it to read floppies was an
> obvious application. However after running the numbers, it turned out there
> isn't enough RAM to buffer an entire track from a HD floppy. It also has a
> broken USB implementation just to liven things up a bit.

a small performance list of STM32 parts and where they are used

STM32F103C8T6  72MHz M3  64K Flash  20K RAM  FS     Original blue pill
STM32F411CEV6 100MHz M4 512K Flash 128K RAM  FS     Latest WeAct black pill
STM32F407VET6 168MHz M4 512K Flash 196K RAM  HS     Board Chuck likes
STM32F730x8T6 216MHz M7  64K Flash 176K RAM  HS     Eric's GW / GW Lightning