Greaseweazle

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:11:58 CST 2021

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 2:08 AM Antonio Carlini via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 02/02/2021 00:13, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> >
> > There's also a similar implementation using a very inexpensive Cypress
> > PSOC 6 ARM card that mounts on a 3.5" floppy connector (no cable).
>
> That would presumably be the FluxEngine
> (http://cowlark.com/fluxengine/index.html).

I've used the FluxEngine to read 3.5 inch, 5.25 inch and 8 inch floppies.
I've used the GreasleWeazle to read 5.25 inch floppies so far.
I haven't tried either of them to write floppies yet.
The main difference in workflow is that the gw software only writes
one type of format - SCP, so you will need another tool to convert to
raw or a different format, if you can't use scp directly.

Currently, the thing I find most interesting right now is that the
FluxEngine software can use GreaseWeazle hardware (supposedly for most
things) - I haven't tested that yet.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen