APL\360

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:15:25 CST 2021

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 at 20:00, Fred Cisin via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I had always been told, "A pint is a pound, the world around."

Aha! Does that mean a pint of water weighs 1lb?

Interesting. I did not know.

> I had already assumed that pub prices had inflated to higher than a pound.

It was under £1 for ½litre of beer when I got here. In fact it was
under US$1/ US 1pt. Now it's a bit more.

Cheapest I had was CzK 17 for half a litre. At the time that was about 50¢.

> Such worries call for having a few pints.

It is one of the things I miss most in lockdown. And there's no
electricity supply in my man-cave/basement so I can't even go down
there and play with my old computers. :-(

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com