DEC H8575-A DB25 to MMJ

Ron Pool amp1ron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 21:37:56 CDT 2021

I've got a used Paladin ratcheting crimper handle with a new 2067 die.  Works great on my DEC MMJ connectors.  So I don't need any of these very similar looking kits that include dies that are labelled RJ11 DEC, DEC RJ11 MMJ, or similar designations.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ratcheting-Crimper-for-RJ-Style-Modular-Plugs-6-Style-Sets-of-Crimping-Heads/323974009963?hash=item4b6e5b146b:g:AB0AAOSwHv1dxdrR $79.50 used free ship in US

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Box-Data-Voice-Kit-LAN-Pro-Tester-FT115A-Impact-Crimper-BRAND-NEW/184498239808 $150 "new" free ship in US.  Look at the picture of the data sheet and you'll see one of the dies is MMJ.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tele-Coax-1586-Tool-Kit-Weidmuller-Inc-Paladin-Tools-Greenlee-Tools-Computer/254690789261 $150 plus shipping - one of the end views of the dies looks exactly like my 2067 RJ11 DEC-MMJ die set

eBay has multiple listings of "Eclipse 500-031" kit.  One of the dies in the kit is labelled RJ-11 DEC.  The side view of that die looks like my 2067 die, but that doesn't guarantee it's the same or any good.  And these kits seem to also be available new from lots of places, though I also see signs that some Eclipse crimper sets and individual handles and dies are discontinued.  An eBay search for "ECLIPSE 500-031" finds many new for $183.59 (free shipping) and up.

Searching for "DEC RJ11" on eBay finds a bunch of different looking crimpers, many of which look like they can handle DEC RJ11 connectors with the offset latch (DEC MMJ).  But most of these look to be of lower quality.  Watch out as there are also plenty of crimpers turned up by that search that definitely won't handle the offset latch of MMJ connectors.

-- Ron Pool