OT: Newsreader for Windows

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at orcam.me.uk
Sat Apr 3 18:23:24 CDT 2021

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> There is probably also the option of using the TUI news readers in / via
> Windows Services for Linux (?is that the proper name for /today/?).

 I have never used that port myself, but there's PC-Alpine worth
considering, which I believe uses native Windows networking services and
also has a classic touch to it.  Compilation instructions are here:
<http://alpine.x10host.com/alpine/alpine-info/build/oldwindows.html>, or
check: <http://alpine.x10host.com/alpine/release/src/alpine-2.24.zip> or:
<http://alpine.x10host.com/alpine/release/src/alpine-2.24_32bits.zip> for
64-bit and 32-bit x86 binaries respectively (checksums are published at
<http://alpine.x10host.com/>).

 Naturally it handles both e-mail and news, and you can cross-post if you
feel like.

 FWIW,

  Maciej