OT: Newsreader for Windows

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Fri Apr 2 11:26:48 CDT 2021

On 4/1/21 10:34 PM, Zane Healy wrote:
> Considering my original USENET access was at $6 per hour, I’m not
> entirely sure I agree. :-)  Then again that’s also why we used to be
> able to download and upload messages for offline reading.

I was referring to being connected while reading.

Seeing as how dumb terminals / emulators couldn't do anything without
being connected, you had to pay while reading.

Downloading messages for offline reading without being connected is
contrary to the quintessential mainframe as I understand it throughout
the 90s.

Yes, people paid for access to Usenet.  But that's not the same thing as
paying for screen time to read.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die