Shipping via USPS Los Angeles is STALLED

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Sep 30 13:34:24 CDT 2020

On 9/30/2020 6:41 AM, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:
> I have a vintage computer sitting in the LA USPS since 9/17,
Bill,
I'm in Orange County, and items are moving in and out here (south of
LA).  But they are all very small bubble pack and express mail type stuff.

Sorry to hear of your problem.  If you need any in person attention, let
me know.  We're just hanging out, and if we can do it with COVID
precautions will do it.

We did have three letters go somewhere, but we think the clerk who was
an asshole did something.  We sent out duplicates and informed another
desk person of the prior problem (this was about Sep 19 for the
original) and they went in 3 days with first class postage.

Also we mailed two items from our UPS Store drop, rather than taking
them to the counter at the PO, one of which went to Gretta @ the CHM and
it went in 2 days.

BTW the main facilities for UPS / FEDX / USPS are all in Riverside
County usually show up as Fontana.  they are all within a mile of each
other with 200 or 300 sf operations each.  Los Angeles would be a local
drop, not a normal freight or heavy parcel place to stall.

I presume it wasn't shipped by some horrid Ebay discount shipping
method.  If so it could be scanned once at this end, and shipped via
"USPS" and it magically appears at some similar regional terminal set
and pops back out into the USPS though it may actually be carried by one
off the three.  I had something take > 2 weeks a month ago (smallish
package with Raspberrypi and some accessories) show up and traveled like
that.

thanks
Jim