Old tape files needing review

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Sep 14 15:25:58 CDT 2020

Folks,

I've got a fair amount of what would be classified as public domain tape
data from old customer jobs wandering around.  I don't have the time to
peruse it in detail and was wondering if someone would like to take a
stab at a sample and perhaps volunteer for the rest.

Much of this is from university archivists whose job it was to archive
all of the unlabeled or private tapes that they found.   I doubt that
said folks know what to make of the data.

At any rate, here's a sample from a Unix (probably V7) tar-ed up:

https://app.box.com/s/htvxd534gvbccoajugfp01ndmfeevxt4

The original appears to be cpio-ed.

I'll leave it up for a week.

--Chuck