AW: CGA card (Mitsubishi Electric) with 192K RAM?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:54:41 CDT 2020

On 9/7/20 1:04 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
> "DOS based utility program to poke at the contents and/or snarf the int a
> file on disk"?
> DEBUG.COM

Funny, I've only ever used it for quick bits of assembly (just a couple of
days ago, in fact), and to do things such as kicking off the formatter
embedded in the ROM on some controllers. It didn't even occur to me that it
probably has some dumping/loading abilities too! I'll dig some docs out...

> My buddy had a few Sperry 5160-like machines, as well as some PBM-1000's
> (Micropro CP/M machine).  They were dumpstered immediately when he died 5
> years ago.

Honestly I've always been a bit indifferent about the PC stuff (which is
probably why I've had these for around a decade and am only now really
looking at them) - I'd still rather save them when I see them, though (at
least up until the point where I run out of space - but "early x86 PC"
seems to have quite a following these days).

cheers

Jules