Strange magtape anecdote

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:08:13 CDT 2020

I remember when doing standby power generator tests we had to remember to off-line all the drives at end of job, other wise they all tried to rewind at the same time....
.. and the generator could comfortably do two, stuttered a bit with three, but on the first test as the fourth flicked in there was a big "bang" and lots of flapping of tape, plus lots of cursing from our Site Engineer.,,,,

Dave