Next project: 11/24. Does it need memory?

Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez ce.murillosanchez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:01:18 CDT 2020

Ethan Dicks via cctalk wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 10:02 PM Jay Jaeger via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> I have had my system since February, 1988 when a friend and I hauled the
>> 11/24, two RK07's a VT100 and  and TU10 out of U Wisconsin Bascom Hall
>> for about $600.
> Nice.  I didn't end up working for UW-Madison until 2003.  I never
> encountered any Unibus gear at that late a date, but I did run across
> some Qbus cards.
>
> -ethan

Back in '89-91 at UW-Madison,  the main mail server was
vms.macc.wisc.edu .  We at EE had mostly Sun, Apollo (later HP9000/400)
and Mac II's to play with, but the guys at ChemE had a bunch of vaxen
(mostly Microvax II's); they had DECNet but were also accessible via IP
somehow, at least on some nodes.  Nobody was throwing interesting stuff
to the trash in those days.

Carlos.