Tips on reviving a TU56 + TD8E?

Bob Vines bobvines00 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 01:29:46 CDT 2020

> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 05:59:40 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Thomas Moss <mosst at SDF.ORG>
> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
> Subject: Tips on reviving a TU56 + TD8E?

> I've recently bought a TU56 for my PDP-8/e, and am looking for some
> advice on getting it to work.

> ... I found a copy of the source for TDFRMT so I could see what
> exactly was causing the "SETUP?" error.

Tom,
I don't have a TU56 & TD8E _yet_, but really hope to get one fairly soon --
if successful, they will most assuredly require troubleshooting & repairs.
Where did you find the source for TDFRMT?  Also, where did you find the
MAINDEC document that matches your version of the TD8E MAINDEC?  I ask
because I've had _great_ difficulty finding MAINDEC docs that actually
match whatever MAINDEC images I've tried to use.
Thanks,
Bob