Compaq Portable II PSU - value of C13?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 17:14:07 CDT 2020

On 10/3/20 4:35 PM, Bill Degnan wrote:
> that's a good question.  I'd like to get more info on that supply as well.

There's some info here on the connector pinout, in case you haven't seen it
before, but I've been unable to find any schematics so far:

https://oldcrap.org/2018/02/04/compaq-portable-ii/

There's an oddball 1700uF cap on the supply which has an additional third
lead sticking out the top of the can - I don't think that's something I've
seen before. I don't think the third lead is actually connected to
anything, so maybe it's only there for structural support. Weird, though.