Datasheet / Info for Motorola SC5330 IC?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 02:52:25 CDT 2020

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 7:48 PM Bob Rosenbloom via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 9/30/2020 3:40 PM, Josh Dersch via cctalk wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 2:41 PM Gavin Scott via cctalk <
> > cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> >> Would these potentially be the sense amp / comparators for the core? I
> >> wonder if they were anything like:
> >>
> >> https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1092342/Motorola/MC1711L/1
> >>
> >> which might have a similar application and take +15 and -7 on L
> >> package pins 11 and 4 respectively with ground on pin 12.
> >>
> >> Being another Motorola design from what looks like a similar time
> >> period, I wonder if there could be a similarity in pinouts by some
> >> chance?
> >>
> > It's not an MC1711L based on that pinout.  (But I suspect as you do that
> > it's part of the sense amp for the core).  In particular Pin 1 of the IC
> is
> > connected to what I believe to be +15V.  (It's also hard to tell what
> pin 1
> > is, since there's no orientation marker on these... )  Ground is pin
> 10.  I
> > suspect -15V is pin 7.
> >
> > - Josh
> That pinout sounds like the Motorola MC1440 sense amp though the
> voltages are different.

Thanks, Bob!  That does seem to be the same pinout, at least for the
power/ground.  I think I've managed to convince myself of the correct
pinout for the power connector on this thing.  I have a suitable supply and
connector on their way...

- Josh