[TUHS] Seeking wisdom from Unix Greybeards

Tony Aiuto tony.aiuto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 12:35:01 CST 2020

Every time I see discussions about terminal control sequences and Unix, I
can not help but be reminded
of Johnny Zweig's eloquent analysis, as quoted in The Unix Haters
Handboodk.  https://web.mit.edu/~simsong/www/ugh.pdf

Forcing programmers to be aware of how their programs talk to terminals
is medieval, to say the least. Johnny Zweig put it rather bluntly: