The best hard drives??

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Wed Nov 18 10:15:05 CST 2020

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 01:02:39PM +0100, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 02:53, Fred Cisin via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> >
> > Most of us "merkens" haven't truly mastered one language.
> "balm" and "psalm" is _no longer_ silent and is actively pronounced in
> some regions of the US, and mere surprise was no longer adequate and I
> was forced to resort to astonishment.

My expat FIL was from Lancs. Good part is I learned how to make a decent pot
of tea. The bad is, I couldn't understand him half the time.
I also couldn't understand half the time the Newfie working for me years ago.
If you pronounce the 't' in Ottawa you aren't from here.
And let's not even mention that Rhotic R that is missing in Burma in
some dialects.

Accents are weird and amusing at times. :-)

--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db