WTB: Amiga 8375 Agnus IC (NTSC or PAL) or Amiga 600 motherboard

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757.org
Mon Nov 16 16:06:10 CST 2020

>  If all else fails, there's this:
> https://github.com/LIV2/Diet-Agnus-A500-plus
>  It's a little interposer that allows using an 8372A Agnus.  You're limited
> to 1MB chipram with it, but it beats 0.
> Doc

Woah! That is awesome, and I have a 8272A or two sitting around. The A600
I have has 1MB of RAM total as it is and I don't have any burning need to
go above that.

Problem though. The Amiga 600 8275 is a surface mount device, not through
hole. So no way to mount that easily.

A vendor in Germany has a bunch of 8275 NTSC chips but they pulled them
off the for sale list as they are turning them into some kind of 2MB RAM
add on for Amigas. A vendor in UK has boards that run like $40-45 that
give you 4MB, not sure if it is the same type of RAM (that chip or fast or
whatever) but it definitely gets in the way of sourcing repair parts.

          - Ethan

--
: Ethan O'Toole