Floppy pressure pad replacement?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 01:17:10 CST 2020

Den mån 16 nov. 2020 kl 05:34 skrev Mike Douglas via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org>:

> I’ve got some adhesive backed industrial felt that I punch with a leather
> punch. I’ve replaced many of those pads on 8” and 5.25” drives and the felt
> pad works well. Shoot me an email and I can send you a few pads if you need.

I found some adhesive pads that are normally used for furniture to protect
the floor. They seemed to be about the right thickness. I used a leather
punch as you wrote and punched a small circle which I attached. Worked
perfectly. Now the drive reads correctly. Perhaps the felt cloth I
previously used was simply too thin.

> Mike

/Mattis