Way off topic: posting to the list using default Samsung Android Mail Client

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Wed Nov 11 11:02:00 CST 2020

On November 11, 2020 8:42:09 AM PST, Todd Goodman via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>On 11/11/2020 11:23 AM, Ali via cctalk wrote:
>>> If you want to write/reply to old-style plain-text email from a
>>> fondleslab, then use K9Mail. It is the only mobile client I know of
>>> that can handle bottom-posting, trimming quotes etc.
>>
>> Well K9 is getting a number of recs here so I will take a second look
>at it. I looked at it initially but then saw it hadn't been updated
>since 2018. However, looks like there is active working going on and a
>new version is slated for release sure (BETAs are available for
>evaluation).
>>
>> -Ali
>
>FWIW, I used to use K9 mail and liked it but it was crashing with a
>large number of folders and emails in folders.
>
>I switched to Blue mail and it's worked well
>
>Todd

Ok. So as far as top posting goes it is a bit confusing. When you reply, and are composing your message, the original message is shown below the reply area. However, when the reply is sent the original message is on top of the reply.

In any case this is not the behavior I wanted. I would like to see the message quoted on top and then be able to inline edit the quoted text to reply to specific portion of the email. Is there an option to set this?

I will try Blue Mail next. Thanks.

-Ali