Looking for Diablo 44m filters

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Fri May 29 17:58:16 CDT 2020

Hi all!

More non-discussion, technical stuff: I'm starting to work on restoring
some of the old Evecon-6 servers that I used to lug to conventions 30
years ago. Right now I just dragged out my Plessy 20mb disk drive which
is a Diablo 44 Perkin Elmer monster. Yep, the one with the 10mb platter
on the bottom and 10mb removable platter on the top that looks like an
RL01 pack but of course is not.

First up is powerup, oddly enough it is powering up which is good.
Second is the filter: If the filter is plugged the heads will crash, and
this filter does not look great. It's a Cambridge Filter Corp CFC
1246159GO which maps to a Perkin Elmer part number of 302709-001

Google isn't helping, anyone know where I can get another filter or how
I can clean/purge this one (if possible)

Thanks!