Microsoft open sources GWBASIC

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:50:38 CDT 2020

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 2:54 PM Jim Brain via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> I see the 16A and the 12/16B as different sublines, as the II/16A used a
> passive backplane with cards, while the 12/16B/6000 had a motherboard
> with the z80 on it, and the card cage was for extensions (and the 68K
> card).
>
> Both sublines merged back together with the 6000

Merged in what sense? AFAICT, aside from branding, the only difference
between the 16B and 6000 was that the latter used the newer 8 MHz version
of the 68000 card, which was also available as an upgrade for the 16B.  If
you consider the II/16A as a "subline", I don't see how the 6000 "merged
back" with that subline in any way.