Living Computer Museum

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu May 28 11:28:41 CDT 2020

> On 2020-05-28 4:14 AM, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> Its a challenge. Most Museums refuse to accept loans. It’s a lot of admin. If the original owner dies what happens.
>> Under what terms can it be removed. Value if stolen or damaged? If it is working and it breaks.
>> A lot of hassle and risk.

Loans are standard practice in art museums, from other museums as well as from private collections.  Perhaps not so much in science/technology museums.  I do know of an example, though: the Electrologica X8 on display at the Boerhaave Museum in Leiden (Netherlands) is a loan, from the Electrologica Foundation.

	paul