Living Computer Museum

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Wed May 27 22:53:59 CDT 2020

On May 27, 2020, at 8:48 PM, Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:

> I would think that if people you liked got replaced with people who
> don't care then you might have a major battle trying to get back stuff
> you loaned.

It might be a battle, possibly even a major one, but it would be fundamentally winnable when there’s explicitly no transfer of ownership.

That may, of course, be why they told Alan they don’t take loans; they may want to not worry about dealing with people who want loaned pieces returned, or dealing with the risk of loss or damage (e.g. insurance), and so on.

  -- Chris