Living Computer Museum

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed May 27 22:48:45 CDT 2020

Alan Perry wrote on Wed, 27 May 2020 20:02:06 -0700
> That wasn't an option for most folks. They told me that they didn't accept items on loan.
>
> alan
>
> > On May 27, 2020, at 19:33, Chris Hanson wrote:
> >
> > This is why people should avoid donating equipment directly to institutions and instead lend hardware to them.
> >
> > At least then you have a claim with which to try to get your stuff back if they fold, close, or decide to go in a direction you don't like.
> >
> >  -- Chris

I would think that if people you liked got replaced with people who
don't care then you might have a major battle trying to get back stuff
you loaned.

A while back people were pressuring me to donate my stuff to the local
university's computer museum (which I was helping). I knew that most of
the professors were hostile to it (the idea is that history is
irrelevant for computer science) and that the direction of the museum
would change hands every two years. The things that happened since
proved I was right to hold on to my stuff.

-- Jecel