Wanted, Papertape Reader for Archiving Tapes

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sat May 2 09:35:12 CDT 2020

On Sat, May 2, 2020, 7:49 AM David Collins via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> I've pulled together details of the controller used with an HP2748 paper
> tape reader to dump a bunch of tapes from the HP Computer Museum's
> collection with the help of J. David Bryan.
>
> The details are at this link..
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KaJkVgYzPusJN9tLf4IaSIa104fvLhUs
>
> The unit and Arduino code are both pretty rough and ready and I'm sure can
> be improved - but they served their purpose!
>
> Hope it is of use to others...
>
> Now to get those new tape files published...
>
> David Collins
> www.hpmuseum.net

I have the s100 board Jon Chapman (glitch) created to interface with his HP
2100 reader.  Not sure if anyone here woukd have use for it.

Anyone use the Decitek 2910 or HS1000 portsble model (you can buy from
decitek.com) for archiving 1 inch papertapes?  The 2910's are available
new, they come with older windows/  DOS software, memory buffer, rs232
port, slows to 110b.

For the volume of tapes I have, getting something new is appealing for
reliabikity-sake.

Bill