"scsi bus continuously busy"

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Sat May 2 12:22:02 CDT 2020

Courtesy of a Raspberry Pi serving as the ND server, I am now able to
load SunOS 3.5 over the network onto my 3/260 and it is now coming up
into the OS. I am now seeing this error:

 >sc0 at vme24d16 200000 vec 0x40
 >sd0 at sc0 slave 0
 >si0:  sc_cmd:  scsi bus continuously busy
 >sc0:  resetting scsi bus
 >sd1 at sc0 slave 1
 >si0:  sc_cmd:  scsi bus continuously busy
 >sc0:  resetting scsi bus

The SCSI controller is the "Sun 2" SCSI card. I saw some corrosion-ish
crap on the board and cleaned it off. It is SCSI, so, of course, I
played with termination. No change in behavior.

Is this likely to be a controller board problem or a device problem?

Are these boards picky about SCSI devices?

Any other suggestions?

alan