APL-11

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:58:46 CDT 2020

Haven't given up on DIBOL.  May try installing the RT-11 version and
see if it runs.

But now another language of interest has reared its ugly head.  :-)

Anybody have an image of the tape for APL-11?  Manual claims it
runs on all of the PDP-11 OSes and it is another language from
my past that I haven't touched (other than to read some programs
out of curiosity) in more than two decades.

I have the source to something called APL-11 for Unix but it is
not the same thing.  Actually, not even close.  :-)

Would love to see a few pointers.

Oh, and in case anyone is curious about my endeavors....
The SIMH system I am  using now is based on the 11/70 and was built
with only 2M of memory.  Why you would do that under SIMH where there
is really no memory constraint at all, I can not fathom.  I used to
have a bunch of 11/44's and that has been my favorite since my original
11/24 system died long, long ago./  I am going to configure a SIMH
System using the 11/44 as my model and then reinstall everything in
order to have a really good system for playing with this stuff.

Sure wish there was a way to find some of the third party stuff from
the sourcebooks.  A lot of nice software that should have been saved
for historical reasons, if nothing else, has been lost.

bill