Prime 50-Series emulator announcement

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Mon Mar 16 13:01:49 CDT 2020

Dennis,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 11:36:44AM -0400, Dennis Boone via cctalk wrote:

> There's a fair amount of material that we don't have packaged up for
> download yet, including one or two versions of INFORMATION, some text
> games, and most of a PULSE library from the Rev 17? era.  The Georgia Tech
> Software Tools environment is available.  There are several full screen
> editors, including Emacs and the Sheffield editor.  We have the indexed
> file handler, but not the DBMS.

It sounds like we have a lot to look forward to.  I have a fondness for
databases, and full screen text based data entry apps, so INFORMATION and
the forms management system sound particularly interesting to me.

I've read through a bit of the FORMS users guide.  I only found FORMS
installed on the Rev 19 sample system so far, but haven't checked all the
systems yet.  I haven't tried to do anything with FORMS aside from listing
existing forms.  There weren't any.

The only info I could find on INFORMATION was its product bulletin.  Was it
The Prisoner's title sequence where a voice kept repeating INFORMATION ...
INFORMATION?  For some reason that came to mind.  I need to get around to
watching that series.  I've only seen a bit of the first episode.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.