Is this IBM keyboard compatible with the IBM 3279?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 02:43:26 CDT 2020

Den sön 8 mars 2020 kl 05:30 skrev <sales at elecplus.com>:

> On 2020-03-03 10:48, Mattis Lind via cctalk wrote:
> > The connector is the correct one. It has four jumpers that could be
> > used
> > for setting one of the keyboard types using the KB ident lines.
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/PhfvKaV.jpg
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/VPT38cK.jpg
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/nN1gtFu.jpg
> >
> > Which terminal was it used for originally?
> >
> > /Mattis
>
> https://deskthority.net/wiki/IBM_Model_F
>
> It appears to be from a 3101?

The 3101 has 15 pin DSUB while this has a 25 pin D-SUB. So, while very
similar to 3178 and 3101 keyboards in many aspects I do think it is
different. Maybe some kind of replacement keyboard for the big original
3278/3279 keyboard. Will trace the connections of the cable some day to
verify, though.

/Mattis