Is this IBM keyboard compatible with the IBM 3279?

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:33:58 CST 2020

I was doing field service on 3270 terminals among other things up until
1983 and I never saw a 3278 or 3279 with a keyboard like this, all the
ones I recall seeing where an earlier capacitive switch keyboard that is
sometimes referred to as the "Beam-spring" switch.  That said this ones
does seem to have all the right keys in the right place for a 3270
keyboard.  The replacement product for the 3279 was announced spring of
1984 so 3279 may have already been out of production when this keyboard
was made.

Paul.