Synchronous serial Re: E-Mail Formats RE: Future of cctalk/cctech

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Jun 18 13:48:30 CDT 2020

> On Jun 18, 2020, at 2:14 PM, Peter Coghlan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> As I mentioned in another reply, I have a pair of baseband synchronous modems
> and were it not for a speed incompatibility between them and the MicroVAX
> synchronous serial interfaces I have access to, ...

I'm curious about that.  Synchronous modems supply the bit clock to the interface.  So a synchronous interface works at whatever speed the modem delivers, so long as it's not too fast for the interface. What are the Microvax sync interfaces you have?  DMV?  DUV?  A DMV will work at up to 56 kbps.

	paul