E-Mail Formats RE: Future of cctalk/cctech

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 06:51:01 CDT 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 11:10, ED SHARPE via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Dave --  I  suppose   the  solve  is  to  write  it  out  long hand  as in One Dollar   One Cent  One  Pound...

Dear hypothetical deities, no. That causes problems with translation,
people not knowing the name of another country's currency in a foreign
language, etc.

There is a standardized internationally-agreed set of 3 ASCII letter
symbols for this reason and this is why people use them.

USD = US dollar
GBP = GB pound
EUR = Euro
CZK = Czech crown (korun/koruny/koruna, depending on quantity, in Czech)

Etc etc.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com