Future of cctalk/cctech - text encoding

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jun 17 16:06:38 CDT 2020

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020, ben via cctalk wrote:
> Does that include the TAG LINE?
> I am happy just to have ASCII text, and trimmed messages.
> Does this mailing list have people using EBCDIC for example?
> What would be useful is a way to transfer things like paper tape
> or punch card deck.

What I would like to see, is an available FILES web location, where people
could put their "please ID this" pictures, and other worthwhile files.
But, links, NOT content, sent out in the email!
If there is enough cheap space, maybe even stuff like the GWBASIC stuff.
Q: is the original Microsoft BASIC paper tape released from copyright,
yet?

Once the plain text rule is lifted, we are likely to also no longer get
ANY trimming of messages, and every post will include everything that ever
came before.  All the way back to THIS.