MUA again [was: Re: Future of cctalk/cctech]

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed Jun 17 14:39:41 CDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 07:24:40PM +0000, ED SHARPE via cctalk wrote:

> Use modern email program that sees expanded char. Sets and
> graphics.... it is a brand new world !    I love old hardware to
> look at but if communicating  I like  the ability to see graphical
> things...  and I think tell majority of people like  images of
> things......   Ed#

In case of graphical MUA with graphical messages in them, I am of
opinion they open doors to various things and the majority happily
sees nothing.

Besides, once the html or any other non-pure text format takes over,
everybody will be receiving messages sized in megabytes if not worse,
whose human-readable content would be only few lines of text. Just
like modern web.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola