Attachments (was: Re: Future of cctalk/cctech)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jun 17 13:18:45 CDT 2020

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020, Christian Kennedy via cctalk wrote:
> Or do as some other lists do and simply scrub the attachment and
> substitute a URL to where the attachment can be found.  Otherwise I
> suppose I number in the "If it needs to move, groups.io seems the least
> horrible place to go" camp.

"least horrible" seems like a good way to phrase it!

On lists where the participants are not computer literate, groups.io
is/was the logical place to go when the Yahoos made them homeless.
They weren't even aware of the meaning or the Jonathan Swift origin when
they named their company, and it didn't even occur to them to do a search
to find out!

There are people HERE who could probably do a better job, or at
least one more specifically customized to what WE want.
But, we need to be very careful to select a host with adequate resources,
AND stability, not just "I'll have plenty of time to manage it all summer
long."  We are looking for DECADES, not months or years.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com